Welcome

April 2011



As noted above, Liminal Space is not a blog. Rather than chronological journal entries, it is a collection of essays that can be read in any order.

It may be helpful to read the Introduction first. (An excerpt appears at right or you can get to it through the menu at left.) I began writing these essays on a beach in North Carolina in June of 2010. My intention at the time was not at all clear. All I knew was I had to write and so I did, and kept on writing when we returned from vacation. Then life intervened suddenly and firmly, and I stopped. But the push to write never abated and once the frightening and abnormal became the new normal I began again.

It was my partner's idea to create this space to share my thoughts. For that and for most other good things in my life, I am indebted to her.

Recently added:

All the Little Live Things
Defining human freedom.

Impermanence
When houses are razed.

"It Is What It Is"
The danger of forestalling positive acts of change.

New York Times II
The importance of best friends.

Twilight Cleans You Out
An interesting exercise in transmutation. Or a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment